The St. Lawrence Academy
Applying to SLA
Applying to SLA
Parents who wish to enroll their child at the St. Lawrence Academy must complete an application form that is available online here . The student must also complete an academic assessment. It is administered according to the grade level that matches the placement of the child. The school’s administration will evaluate the applicant's previous school records and review the results of the admission test to determine whether admission is in the best interest of both the school and the child and where that child is best placed.
The school’s administration will determine the need for further information. It may be necessary for a parent interview in making a final determination of admission.
The following documents are necessary for each student's cumulative file: (A FILE MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE THE STUDENT ATTENDS CLASS.)
- Copies of previous school records, including the most recent report card. (This is retrieved by SLA school offices upon registration)
- Copies of standardized test scores.
Student Health Records: Copies of the student immunization record from birth until present.
1. The completed admission form along with the copies of immunization records and the $500.00 registration fee (non-refundable) must be submitted to the school office to secure a position
2. After the admission form has been processed, a date is given for the applicant’s academic
entrance assessment (Reading, Writing and Arithmetic) for Grades 1 through 8.
3. Parents are informed of the outcome within one week of the written test date. If a position is offered, the child’s admission / enrolment must be confirmed with the signing and submission of a Tuition Contract along with all dues owed. Should a family be waiting on a response regarding financial aid, a minimum of $500.00/month will be owed.
4. If, within two weeks, enrolment is not confirmed, the child’s spot will be opened for another